Monday, April 7, 2014



In love with an Anaconda


No one sees it like I see it
They don't long for it as I long for it
I hear it even before others hear it
I spot it among a crowd of thousands of others that move by it
I need it the way a junkie needs a fix
Its like a tick that won't go away
How I long for it...

But the only one that can give me what I need now
Sits in the heavens above me
He sees and owns the Anaconda...
My anaconda...
What I want so bad my lips drip saliva
And my eyes are opened with wonder
I am not the best son
That is a given
And a more wretched forgiving
I know many will take my whining as annoying
Especially when I know, they know I don't have to do what I am doing
He knows this even more than I do
As he knows how that Anaconda speaks to me
Or as the Yorubas would say
Or mo bi kini yen she wu mi.
I ask myself this one thing
Will owning that anaconda make me a better human being?
Make me be the man he wants me to be?
I have no answers to these probing questions
All I can say is this
Getting that anaconda is the biggest thing to me
The greatest desire of my heart
I pray his grace will make me focus
On what is important to him
So help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment