Monday, April 7, 2014


I remember


I remember lying on the beach looking at an inky black starry sky
I remember looking for pleasures and love deep in a whore's eyes
The sad thing was.... At the time...
I felt she was the one that would carry my heart high
I remember crying
Looking to a heaven I wasn't sure even existed
I remember praying to a God, my father, that sometimes acted as if he didn't hear me
Or maybe he did but didn't care what my bleeding heart was saying
I will remember this road
For as long as I go on living
I will remember each second, each minute,
The sound of the big clock ticking
I remember being alone... With no one to love me
And I remember how many times I trembled, shook with the depths of my emotions as loneliness grew from intangible to tangible
I remember saying this was a wretched unforgiving
Now I sit down with her arms around me
And I think someone up there loves me
I remember the struggle
The success
The darkness, the light
The beauty in her eyes
And I realize
God the father indeed is kind
Cos I can still smile

No comments:

Post a Comment