Friday, January 24, 2020

Ticks and tocks

Tick by tick, tock by tock
Time stretches thin
It's in moments like this I think about where I've been
The only constant in all of this are eyes that bewitch
They shine like beacons in a darkness so complete
You are not sure where it ends and begins
I am a man who remembers many things
I remember a time when things were a lot simpler than this
A time we were much younger
A time we saw further
Those were days and times of wonder
The tick or the tock
Echoing louder than a gun
In absolute silence rivaling an empty tomb could be ignored
Left glum and in gloom
But in all this bedlam, noise, crushing vortexes
I remember you
Your eyes are the one that bewitch
You stand for all of this
Your voice over a billion voices
While tick tock drowns out all other noises.
This is my poem a day challenge.... Will you accept or reject?

No comments:

Post a Comment