Monday, May 16, 2016

A sweet surrender

Hi,
back again pips! This time I want to talk about a relatively unpopular topic. What could this be? You might ask. Well its about being a christian and the challenges that come with it. In case you haven't guessed by now, I am a christian. Its one of the most beautiful things to be. God is the most awesome being to follow. He is the only one who has your back and loves you for who you truly are__ faults and all.
He will never leave you, abandon you, look down on you and tell you your fears, concerns and troubles are of little or no consequence. He is always there to listen and help in whatever way he can. Though his help or lack thereof isn't something we always understand. But at the end of the day, we realize that his intervention or ignoring always works to serve a specific purpose which will work for our good in the long run.
Some of you already know this and you are probably thinking what's he on about. Why doesn't he get on with it? Well as in everything else in this world __ being a christian and following Christ isn't a walk in the park and as easy as many would make it sound. It comes with rules___ lots of them. Depending on the individual some are quite difficult to abide by.
I am lucky enough to be able to obey the little ones like tithing, offering, giving (to a point) etc.
Dunno about most but righteousness isn't as easy to abide with as the other ones for me. Not looking at a woman carnally, not keeping malice, no hatred, lust, impure thoughts, I could go on. Its like you are required to become more than any human can ever be.
Not to mention your conscience or the devil harping incessantly on your mistakes and rubbing eternal damnation on you every time you stumble. It gets frustrating at times. Temptation to give up comes very strong at this points.
It took me a long while to realize that he doesn't expect me to be perfect. But what he expects is for me to allow him to mold me into the man he wants me to be. And that means surrendering to him totally and completely. Opening my heart up so he can get in and smooth out all my rough edges and wash out every impurity so I will stand blameless before him. This cleansing isn't pretty I assure you.
It isn't because you are forced to confront parts of yourself that you buried so deep that you've even forgotten are there.
But by the time he is done with you, you are lighter and better than ever striving on with hope to a glorious future that he has prepared for you. We are continuous works in progress, Clay in the hands of the potter.
If you haven't let him in, please I beg you to do so. You won't regret it. He is the best I assure you and he will fix all that concerns you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment