Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Worrying

I worry about the state of the polity. I worry about the people within it. I worry when a daughter tells her father she wants to marry and he decides to throw a big soiree at the grooms expense when he isn't going to contribute a dime to the union.
There are a lot of things in this nation that can make a guy worry. I worry when there is a job interview or aptitude test and the best candidate is the least likely to get selected, Why? Because some political big wig has another candidate who has nothing but mothballs between his or her ears. It's like the entire society is turned upside down and inside out. Its a place where am beginning to believe normal guys like me do not belong. Yeah right! lol
Anyways I could go on and on about the light, go on and on about the economy, then I could deviate and drift to the US Presidential joke or should I say circus. I could climb on a pulpit and wonder (aloud) how does a candidate like Donald Trump get to be one of the front runners in the presidential campaign? Its surreal!
A Facebook friend pointed out that should Hilary win the race, he wouldn't call it a victory for feminists or women at large rather an insult. Why? Because according to him (and am quoting him here) she is running against a man that is more or less a tactless and misogynistic baboon. The real victory would have been her running a man of impeccable character and winning. But beggars can't be choosers right? I guess one has to watch and see how it all plays out.
Personally I worry if a man like Trump gets to be president of the United States. We in Nigeria have enough problems without dealing with potentially world ending events which could be precipitated by a man as volatile and unstable as Trump. But who am I to put too fine a point on it. I guess we at the opposite corner of the world can watch and wait with bated breath and see how it all plays out while worrying every step of the way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment