Sunday, December 16, 2012

Remembering


There are a lot of things you remember if you sit still
There are a lot more things you remember if you learn to breathe
I remember the days when the worst thing I did was to sneak
Out of school to go and see a friend living in the next street
I remember sitting with my brother Tee
Drawing, writing and painting
I remember building
Models, houses, ships, telescopes
Like I see in the movies
I remember my mother thinking
These boys are gonna be builders
Architects
Constructing the world's best houses
I remember watching
I remember learning
From those Jane Eyre,

Macbeth that grandma had us watching
I remember the day a car drove in
I remember seeing
The stacks of books
Twelve to each person
I remember reading
I remember not moving
For one week
As we devoured the knowledge
Grandma spent so much acquiring
There are so many memories
In my life I like re-living
I remember Bumsy
Toitoi
Teejay
Bobby
Chike
Mummy
And Dad if you can believe it
I remember I love you all dearly
And if I have been an ass to you in the past
Then I am sorry
Bumsy to you most especially
I remember dreaming
Now I must get back to living




P.S Check out my new book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/205868


The Birth of the Pale Rider

Fiction » Fantasy » Urban
By Ifedayo Akintomide
Rating: Not yet rated.
Published: July 17, 2012
Words: 89507 (approximate)
Language: English
ISBN: 9781476499161


Short description

A young boy taken to a forest at the back of his school by some bullies is inadvertently drawn into another realm filled with mythical creatures, frightful witches and half gods and men. Lost in the mythical realm, he must find a way to return to his own world before it is consumed by fire and water

Extended description

Yinka the main protagonist of the story is a twelve year old boy who is a first year student in an exclusive private secondary school in Offa, a small town in western Nigeria. He finds himself inadvertently drawn into an alternate realm when three bullies forcefully remove him from the school premises and carry him to an eerie forest behind the school.
After narrowly escaping death at the hands of a bear like entity called an Eseku, he falls into a wooden cave where he meets a talking turtle called Saworide who reveals to him that he is in the Forbidden forest; a place which is the boundary between the earth realm (Ikole Aye) and the spirit realm (Ikole Orun).
Saworide sends him back to his world, but even in the short minutes they spend together a bond is formed between them. He tells Yinka how he can return to the Forbidden forest whenever he wants. When Yinka returns to the earth realm the reader is alerted to a series of cosmic events taking place in space. This is through radio... (Read more)

No comments:

Post a Comment