Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Righteousness and a son

Righteousness and a son

by Dayo Akintomide on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 10:29pm ·
Some say being righteous is one of the hardest things a man can ever be
Holiness some others say is the easiest thing if you believe
I don't really know what to think
It seems as if every time I think I have got something right
I find
At least six other things I got wrong
Everyday a different song
Its always right or wrong

Every time I look into a pair of eyes
So beautiful that it is difficult to describe
I find
Its easy to lose sight
Of the goal
Which is to fight
Corruption, uncleanliness, sin
I could go on naming vice after vice
I could say it once
Then I would say it twice
But each time I look into those eyes
Which I find hard to describe
I become embroiled in a fight

Today I do wrong
Tomorrow I do right
Its tiring sometimes
Then there is the search for one
Who is of the same kind
One who will make it worth my while
The search keeps me lingering on
Waiting for the ending credits
Waiting for the last song
Searching for where I belong
There is a lot more than prayer involved in being God's son
I can only pray I do not disappoint my father in return
Help me father to remain yours
Especially as shiloh comes

No comments:

Post a Comment